Monday, July 21, 2008

Part III - Le Code De Newton:

ATTENTION!!!-You might have a problem with the content (not the puzzle) if you haven't read TEC Part I and Part II...and if you haven't...PLEASE DO. Because believe me, 'The juice is worth the squeeze'. And yes, check out Part II's solution in the Hints post.

Josephites beat the IITians! Hardeep Singh (Harry) took just half an hour to crumble the jumble created by Isaac Newton himself. I and UG were back in India , barred by some financial shortcomings. This time, I decided to add another sharp guy to the group, and Harry was too happy to ignore. We took a Kingfisher (obviously the plane) to the Heathrow and the journey was eventless but for Harry's singing of his 'Space Settlement' heroics at NASA and UG's usual air-hostess flirting stuff.

We took a small lounge at a cheap roadside hotel, a 5 minute distance from the Westminster Abbey, the place where lay, 'A Knight, a Pope interred' burried with all his intricate perplexities. We started on the second anagram, and all thanks to Larry Page and Sergey Bin, cracked it within an hour. 'Close the letter I lit' became 'The Little Cloister', the name of a small haunted garden in a remote corner of The Abbey Church, long believed to harbour the darkest secrets of great men. Tired and exhausted, we took the first day off.I lay fancying the laurels to shower, though, a little part of me believed it was a fake, a prank played upon me by the Gods. Meanwhile, on the other bed, Harry and UG slept 'Happy and Gay'. I wondered how sharp guys get mixed up so easily. The rain started splattering, I watched the pertinent drops pouting on the window sill and sulking quietly unto the force of gravity. Then, I don't know when, I dozed off.

Endless sea of dust.....yawning nothingness...People all around...The world in 1955....No, much older...
Swoosh, and gone!!!

I was sitting on 'the chair' opposite to a meagre old fellow. Frankly, I had never seen him and he resembled the shabby panhandler one often gets to see by the roadside. He occupied the dilapidated chair once sat upon by Einstein. I looked around and except the shimmering of the intensely spider-webbed dim bulb(as close to death as the man in front of me) and the slight whoo-whooing of the wind, there was nothing but pitch-black. And then, a voice broke my reverie:
Unknown: Hey son, You know me...Don't you??
AD:(My answer was spot on) No.
Unknown: I (long pause) am Isaac Newton.
AD:(I was speechless and my Larynx added to my embarressment with a high pitched laugh)

And then, it came to me. He was the other guy, the other person who could dream teleport, Einstein's godfather, the Time Machine creator, he was 'the Knight'. I had to stop.

IN: My boy, you have been fooled. (My heart left me, as did my lower jaw). Einstein has fooled you around.
AD:(I wanted to say,"Why didn't you tell me earlier, A**hole?? Why??" And I said it) Why didn't you tell me earlier, sir?
IN: Because after 380 years of death,my ability to dream teleport has been severely hampered and I can't bend much space. But now, that you're close enough to my grave, I have come.
AD:Ohh.
IN:Anyways, how were you fool enough to believe the Maggot-shit of the silly Einstein kid. How could it be that a puzzle I created has a picture of my grave (the blurred pic).

I sank, feeling empty, as if life and emotion were drifting apart. Nothing, but a hollow infinity remained, drowning me in its vastness. No time Machine, no adventure, no glory.I thought of the money, the hard earned money I spent, the time, the priceless time I wasted. All for nothing. I was at the verge of letting the pool of tears blocking my vision apart when he spoke again.

IN: Now, listen carefully., I think that Einstein kid created two puzzles out of himself, probably the only good thing he did, probably, to make you strive even to reach here, to me. Didn't you find them too easy, too childish? Boy, the Time Machine exists. And, so does a code. Only, this is the place where your quest just begins. The Einstein Code's over, Le Code De Newton begins!!! I love French.

Now, I let the pool flow.(Though, I made a Hindi corollary of it...Ley, code dey Newton)

AD: Thank you (was all I managed).

And then, it began to fade. His image deluring and the distance widening. I heard him say, "For you, a special gift".
IN: The Dark Entry. Isaac in numbers. Nothing else.

Harry woke me up. The rain had silenced. We took a bath (individually), had our breakfast and were off to the Abbey. Since, we had no idea about the The Dark Entry UG went towards the main church, Harry decided to go search near Newton's grave, while, I went towards The Little Cloister. I found it, and a man there. Went straight to him, standing face to face muttered...
919113 !! He looked me in the eyes, turned around and took me through a secret vault into the dungeon below. I was standing right below the fountain of the Cloister, amidst hundreds of mysteries. He opened a locker and landed me something. I hid it safely in my bagpack and went for UG and Harry.

The next day:
"A Cryptex , ehh", UG said while Harry explained what it was (he had read the Da Vinci code) and how it would break at a wrong answer and the map inside will dissolve(though this one had many more disks). Alongwith the gleaming golden cylinder was a rough piece of paper. I read out aloud.

"
You can stop not what you started,
Shake it mate, and you have it though,
The answer's a legend, hidden from none,
In the end, you reap what you sow.

Ceii-no???-ttuv, the scientist says,
Has he lost his sane, has he no remorse,
Anagram and translation serve the purpose,
" As is extension, so is the force ".

A flock of minds elite enough,
Addressed by Wren, and a gentry was born,
Both the legends were a part of it,
As were many including 3 Barons.

All we have in common,
An adage, a purpose, as we are no nerds,
The coat of arms bears the words,
That mean nothing but, 'Nothing in words.'
"

P.S-Hints available tomorrow midnight.

14 comments:

Vikesh said...

Another brilliant post and puzzle. Brilliant enough to shake the ground off several brilliant people. Particularly, the language this time was wonderful.

As is always the case with me, I am absolutely clueless about this puzzle, so i am waiting for the clues!

Good work!

Abhinav Duggal said...

@Vikesh:
Thanks dude. Your brilliant comments have surely shaken the ground below my feet. I'm flying...hehe...Yeah, the hints will supposedly be quite cool this time...

Harry said...

man...gud one this.....it surely has got the wheels moving in my brain....
just hope its not as tuf as the cryptex in 'The Da Vinci Code' was....
great work dude...and thanx for giving me another sleepless night..lol!!!!

Abhinav Duggal said...

@Harry:
I'm seriously happy that you thought it worthy enough to keep solvers like you awake...Thanx dude

Amit... said...

This much more impressive stuff than your previous two codes. I really liked it. Though I have 102 fever right now and I'm hardly able to hold my lappy firm, I guess I'll keep wondering about it for a few nights at least.

A really nice puzzle this time. A really nice effort, worth applauding.

Abhinav Duggal said...

@Amit:
Thanks for the cherishing words coming from you even in the state you are in. Yeah...well it was a bit pre-planned actually. The first two had to be 'childish' as I mentioned (because 'Einstein' made them who is not actually brainy in this series). Anyways, get well soon..dude..31st coming!!

Unknown said...

excellent language combined with mind boggling puzzles make up for an interesting read.just can't wait for the next installment to come out......and better make it soon.....

Abhinav Duggal said...

@juhi:
Thank you Madamoiselle...Your comments are higly treasured and instructions 'Sar-aankhon-par'...

Unknown said...

just don't noe wat to say. brilliant stuff. waiting for the next set of clues

Abhinav Duggal said...

@aaditya:
Thank u so much. First of all for reading and liking it and more so, for commenting.

Unknown said...

the org is
the royal society of london
Founder: Sir Christopher Wren
Sir Issac Newton was president from 1703-1727

the 3 barons were
Lord Kelvin (1890-95),
Lord lister (1895-1900)and
Lord Rayleigh (1905-08)

Abhinav Duggal said...

@aaditya:
Yeah...u got it dude..

Anonymous said...

Got here by mistake...but read the post anyhow...I liked it a lot..your imagination is worth appreciation..

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.